Screen time can be hard to manage these days, especially when winter break rolls around. That means more time at home and more time indoors.
Finding ways to make screen time a socially engaging time is more important than ever.
- Download interactive game apps. Games can be educational or recreational. Pick the two player setting so you and your child can play together!
- Talk about what you see! If you both are playing a more educational game (shapes, letters, reading, etc.) it is easy to discuss what your child is learning. BUT even if they are playing a racing game, or building game, or what have you- there is still a lot to discuss. Talking points can include:
- What features you like
- Relating content in the app to real life
- Something that surprised you on the game
- Describe what you see (the colors, characters, etc)